Paleo Recipes by Lizzie
1. Avocado Kale Salad with grilled chicken or salmon: 1 bunch of fresh kale, washed and ripped into small pieces 1 1/2 avocados, pitted 1/2 yellow onion 1/2 lime salt garlic salt 1 tomato, cut into small pieces 1/2 cup shredded carrots Place avocado, onion, lime and salts in food processor. Process until smooth, creamy dressing forms. In a large bowl, place kale, tomatoes and carrots. Pour avocado dressing over salad, mix with spoon until everything is coated! Serve will grilled chicken or fish.
2. Avocado Chopped Salad with Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette served with grilled Shrimp:
1/4 cup lime juice 1 teaspoon lime zest 2 teaspoons spicy brown mustard 2 tablespoons olive oil 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper sauce 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce Salt and Pepper to taste
Whisk all ingredients together and set aside for flavors to blend.
1/4 cup diced cilantro 2 large ripe Haas avocados 1 medium ripe tomato 2 green onions, thinly sliced
Chop avocados and tomato into small pieces.
Strain vinaigrette to remove lime zest. Stir in cilantro.
Toss all vegetables and vinaigrette together.
For Grilled Shrimp:Brush large uncooked wild shrimp with vegetable oil and smoked paprika. Grill until cooked through, turning once.
3. Seafood Enchiladas
1 medium onion, minced
2 tablespoons coconut oil or grass fed butter
2 cups tomato puree (make your own using 4 large tomatoes pureed in a food processor)
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tablespoons chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 pound seafood of choice such as wild caught cod, shrimp, or crab (or other protein like shredded chicken or ground beef)
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Saute the onions in the coconut oil or butter until limp.
3. Add the tomato puree, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano and salt. Mix well and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
4. Pour the sauce into a food processor and process until smooth.
5. Cover the bottom of a glass baking dish with the seafood. Pour the enchilada sauce over the seafood, cover tightly with aluminum foil and back for 10-12 minutes or until the seafood is cooked.
6. Serve with sliced avocados, lime wedges, and cilantro.
4. Tuna Sesame Seed Salad
3oz seared tuna
5 cherry tomatoes sliced
1/4 cup cleaned baby spinach or arugula
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil
Sear tuna and season to taste Saute asparagus until tender and set aside Salad dishes layer with bed of baby spinach or arugula Cover spinach/arugula with tuna, sliced tomatoes and asparagus. Cover with sesame seeds and serve. Balsamic Dressing; In small dish combine olive oil, balsamic vinegar and honey (to taste).
5. Butternut Squash Lasagna
1 lb hot ground chicken or meat
1 red onion
6 cloves garlic
16 oz of home-made tomato sauce
1/2 c roasted red peppers
1/4 c extra virgin olive oil
couple leaves of fresh basil
1 butternut squash (use for layers instead of pasta)
6. Short Ribs with Figs
Fat of Choice
~2 ½ lbs beef short ribs*
1 yellow onion, roughly sliced
1 carrot, chopped
4-6 cloves garlic, roughly minced
1/4 c red wine
1 ½ c beef stock
1 ½ c water
1 pint figs, stems removed & chopped
fresh rosemary, chopped
s & p